Today’s service leaders have to-do lists with tall orders:
- Figure out how to quickly train incoming technicians to fix increasingly complex machinery…
- Upskill and teach new hires to be just as savvy as their more-experienced colleagues, who are retiring in waves…
- Create incredible customer experiences, especially in an era where fast, efficient, personalized, and on-demand service is the expectation…
It’s enough to make any service leader’s head spin, but AI for Service Operations can help.
AI-powered technologies have seemingly burst into the news recently—but the reality is that companies have been perfecting these tools in the service space for many years. Built to analyze your entire service landscape, the right AI tools can improve service outcomes by providing prescriptive, data-driven insights. When leveraged correctly, these insights can help companies deliver better, more profitable customer experiences.
If you’ve ever thought, “If only I could just get information out of my veteran techs’ minds and document it my entire workforce…,” AI is ready to spring into action.
Read on to explore the benefits of AI for Service Operations and learn how it can help companies streamline their service operations, enhance customer satisfaction, and boost revenue. We’ll also cover some of the latest AI tools and techniques that companies can leverage to improve their service operations and stay ahead of the competition.
What is AI for Service Operations?
AI for Service Operations is a term that refers to artificial intelligence-powered technologies that can streamline and optimize service operations. This is primarily done through the implementation of Service Intelligence Platforms. AI-powered tools can analyze historical service data, generate fixes for any service issue, improve customer experiences, and reduce operational costs.
Companies that manufacture and service a range of assets—including medical equipment, motor vehicles, printers, food service equipment, and engines—are already leveraging AI for Service Operations. And you can, too.
Benefits of AI for Service Operations
AI for Service Operations offers a range of benefits for companies. Here are some of the advantages of AI for Service Operations:
|Improved Customer Experience
|Get personalized troubleshooting and repair recommendations. Use these suggestions to improve issues quickly and efficiently without ever needing to speak to a customer service rep.
|Quickly identify root causes for service issues. This frees up service professionals to focus on more complex tasks—improving overall productivity.
|Reduced Operational Costs
|Cut service costs by enabling “Shift Left” strategies. This provides wider access to the troubleshooting and repair recommendations typically found in the skill sets of your most experienced technicians. When best practices are made available all (including junior technicians, customer service reps, and even customers!), companies can reduce inbound calls, truck rolls, parts usage, and escalations.
|Dynamically analyze service data to identify top training needs, asset issues in the field, and potential customer escalations before they occur.
How to Leverage AI for Service Operations
To effectively leverage AI for Service Operations, companies must have a clear understanding of the business needs they want to solve, the data they have on hand, and the available AI-powered tools and techniques. Check out our step-by-step breakdown:
- Define business needs across your service landscape: Determine needs and goals at the customer service, field service, engineering, and product team levels. This will be infinitely helpful when aligning AI-powered solutions with overall business strategies.
- Review your data practices: AI-powered tools run on data, so examine what data is already being captured and stored. Additionally, use this exercise to identify missing types of data—these points can be used to fill in your service strategy’s blanks.
- Choose the right AI tools: Decide what type of AI tools are the best fit for your most pressing needs (more on that below!).
- Prepare to drive employee adoption: Prepare to train employees on how to use these tools effectively and integrate them into their service operations. This is especially beneficial as most AI-powered tools get more accurate as they’re used.
- Monitor and evaluate results: Keep tabs on the results generated by AI-powered solutions. This will ensure that they are delivering the desired business outcomes. If not, adjust strategies accordingly.
AI-Powered Tools and Techniques for Service Operations
Here are some of the latest AI-powered tools and techniques that companies can leverage to improve their service operations:
- Natural Language Processing (NLP): NLP can analyze historical service data, organize and label it, and attach root causes to solutions at scale.
- Self-Service: Self-service experiences can provide instant customer support and assistance. Additionally, they provide end-users with direct access to dynamic troubleshooting experiences. The experiences can identify root causes of issues, suggest best fixes, and offer customers direct links to purchase parts—or elevate their issue to customer service.
- Intelligent Troubleshooting: Intelligent Troubleshooting can review historical data in an instant. The findings can present users with a series of questions to help them zero in on the root cause of an issue. It will also provide a recommended solution based on the likelihood of success.
- Prescriptive Analytics: Prescriptive analytics can identify top opportunities for the largest efficiency gains and cost-savings. It will also present directions for how to execute against them.
FAQs about AI for Service Operations
Q: Which industries can benefit from AI for Service Operations?
A: A wide range of industries can benefit from AI for Service Operations, including (but not limited to!) medical, automotive, heavy machinery, and industrial printers.
Q: How can AI for Service Operations improve customer experience?
A: AI for Service Operations can improve customer experience by providing personalized services and recommendations, reducing time to resolution, and reducing the need for future repairs.
Q: What are some of the latest AI-powered tools and techniques for Service Operations?
A: Some of the latest AI-powered tools and techniques for Service Operations include self-service chatbots, natural language processing, intelligent troubleshooting, and prescriptive analytics.
Read on to learn more about AI for Service Operations from Aquant
Aquant’s Service Intelligence Platform is the tool of choice for major OEMs using AI for Service Operations. With Intelligent Troubleshooting and Prescriptive analytics, we’ve changed the way companies like Canon, John Deere, Johnson & Johnson, and Stryker provide better, faster, higher-margin service.
Explore interactive demos of Aquant’s Service Intelligence tools today and see just how far AI for Service Operations has come.