This policy explains what information Aquant (“we,” “us,” “our”) collects about you during our hiring process, why we collect and how we use your information, and what your rights are related to your information.
By submitting your application for employment to Aquant, you indicate that you have read and understand that your personal information may be used in the ways described in this Policy. Please note that we cannot process your application for employment if you do not provide your personal information and acknowledge that we will use it in the ways set out in this Policy.
What Information We Collect:
During the recruitment process, we will collect information about you–either from you directly or from third parties with your approval–which may include the following:
- identifying and contact information, such as your full name, email address, physical address, telephone number, date of birth, government identification number, and other contact information;
- professional and employment information, such as a resume or CV, a cover letter, other work experience, professional references, your work-permit status, your social-media profiles, or other information about your professional background;
- educational information, such as your school history, your qualifications and certifications, and any other information related to your education;
- citizenship information, such as your visa and right-to-works status;
- information received from third parties, such as the results of a professional-reference check or background check, and the information we receive from someone who refers you for a position;
- sensitive information you voluntarily provide during the recruitment process, such as demographic information or information about your gender, race, ethnicity, and disabilities, but only when permitted under applicable laws;
- publicly available information that helps us make a determination about your candidacy, such as information from your LinkedIn or GitHub profiles; and
- any other information you choose to submit to us as part of your application.
How We Use Your Information:
Your information will be used by Aquant for the purposes of carrying out our application and recruitment process which includes:
- evaluating your candidacy or application in order to make an employment decision;
- verifying the information submitted or collected about you;
- managing our relationship with you and communicating with you;
- complying with any of our legal requirements; and
- making improvements to our recruiting processes.
When We Share Your Information:
We may share your personal information with the following recipients:
- Our service providers: we may share your personal information with the service providers who help us with our hiring process, including applicant-tracking software and talent-acquisition services.
- Our corporate affiliates: depending on your location, we may share your personal information with members of the Aquant Recruitment team and related teams who are based in other countries.
- Employers and references: in order to perform employment verifications and professional-reference checks, we may share your personal information with your current and previous employers, as well as the individuals you list as references.
- Public bodies: we may be required to share your personal information with governmental agencies or public bodies, such as labor authorities, courts, or law-enforcement agencies.
- Other recipients with your consent: finally, we may share your personal information with any other third party you have given us consent to share it with.
Our Legal Basis for Processing Your Information:
We collect and process your personal information when it’s necessary in order to consider your candidacy for employment with us and in preparation for potentially entering into a contract of employment with you. We may also collect your personal information in order to comply with our legal obligations, where you’ve consented to our collection and processing of your personal information, or based on our legitimate interest to ensure that we hire the best candidates.
Transfers of Your Information:
Aquant is a global company. As part of our recruitment process, we may transfer your personal information outside of your country for further processing. If you are based in the European Economic Area (EEA) and your personal information is transferred outside of the EEA to an Aquant affiliate or service provider for processing, such a transfer will only be made under the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission for such transfers.
If you have any questions about the potential transfer of your personal information, please contact us as outlined in the Contact section below.
Retention of Your Information:
If you are considered for a position at Aquant and your candidacy is unsuccessful, you decline our offer, or you withdraw your application, we will retain your personal information only to consider you for potential future positions at Aquant, and as long as needed to comply with any applicable laws or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of a legal challenge related to our recruitment process or decision.
If you do not want us to retain your personal information to consider you for potential future positions, you may request that we delete it as described in the “Your rights” section below. Please note, however, that we may retain some information that we are required to retain by law or in order to defend ourselves in the event of a legal claim.
If you are offered and accept a position with us, your personal information that we receive during the application and recruitment process will become part of your employment record.
Updating Your Data/Your Rights:
Subject to certain exceptions and applicable laws, you may request access to, or that we correct, suppress, restrict use, anonymize or delete personal information about you or you may object to the processing of personal information, or request a copy of your personal information or to port your personal information (as permitted by applicable law). Personal information demonstrating compliance with the eligibility and selection criteria may not be updated or corrected after the closing date for applications. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law. To exercise your rights, you may contact us with your request at the contact information listed below. Some of your rights may be exercised directly by you in your account settings within our applicant tracking system.
Please note, however, that certain personal information may be exempt from requests pursuant to applicable data protection laws or other laws and regulations.
Changes to This Policy:
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this policy. We encourage you to review this policy before submitting any information to us.
If you have questions or concerns about this policy, our practices, or your rights, please contact us via email at [email protected] or via mail at 147 West 24th Street, 4th FL New York, NY 10011.